Once I got started making this list, gift ideas for natural health lovers kept flooding my mind. I had to stop myself at 102! Whether you’re looking to buy something for a “crunchy” friend or trying to come up with ideas for your family to buy for you, I’ve got you covered.
For Building Health Through Foods
2. Yogurt Starter + a Yogurt Maker for keeping the temperature just right
3. Sourdough Starter
5. The Rodale Whole Foods Cookbook
6. Super Foods Every Day: Recipes Using Kale, Blueberries, Chia Seeds, Cacao, and Other Ingredients that Promote Whole-Body Health
Culinary Herbs & Spices
A little herb garden growing in the windowsill is so cheerful and makes the kitchen smell delicious (even when you’re not cooking!)
My local grocery store carries small locally-grown, organic potted herbs (for only about a dollar more than the plastic-boxed cut herbs). Maybe a store near you does too. Plants I’ve found:
13. Try these homemade spice mixes for a fun DIY gift.
14. A gift certificate to Whole Foods or a local health food store is always a welcome gift.
For Boosting Health and Fighting Sickness
16. Activated Charcoal (Absorbs toxins in the digestive tract during a stomach virus or food poisoning and is also great for putting on a bee sting to pull out the toxin.)
17. Colloidal Silver for fighting bacteria and viruses
For the Aspiring Homeopath
19. Homeopathic Remedies Kit (This is the one I first started with two years ago!)
These common remedies will be very welcome:
22. Nux Vomica
23. Aconite / Aconitum
For the Herbal Tea Drinker
Or give an herbal tea blend especially suited to your friend’s needs:
27. Energy Blend
28. Concentration Blend
29. Period Blend
30. Pregnancy Blend
31. Kids’ Blend
For the Essential Oil Enthusiast
33. Essential Oil Necklace
34. EO Diffuser for the Car
35. Room Diffuser
Bottles of essential oils to build or replenish the stash are perfect stocking stuffers. Some favorites:
38. Sweet Orange
41. Ylang Ylang
If your budget allows, get some of the higher end oils that she'd never buy for herself:
44. Jasmine Absolute
46. Blue Tansy
For the Home Medicine Maker
Casually find out what herbs your medicine making friend has been wanting to try...
51. Lemon Balm
Or give some tools of the trade:
55. Empty Herbal Capsules
56. The Herbal Medicine-Maker's Handbook by James Green (one of my favorite books!)
For the Friend who Makes Natural Cosmetics
58. Almond Oil
59. Sunflower Oil
60. Jojoba Oil
61. Shea Butter
62. Cocoa Butter
63. Bentonite Clay (This is my go-to brand.)
64. Arrowroot Powder
65. Zinc Oxide
If your friend makes medicine or natural cosmetics, I promise she can never have too many containers:
68. Dropper Bottles
69. Cosmetic Tins
For the Wildcrafter
71. Drying Racks
73. Backyard Medicine by Julie Bruton-Seal and Matthew Seal
For the Gardener
Obviously, winter isn't the right time for planting a garden … but that time is right around the corner! Bless your gardening friend with some organic, non-GMO seeds or even with a pre-order of fruit-bearing plants.
75. Lettuce Seeds
76. Broccoli Seeds
77. Kale Seeds
78. Elder Tree
79. Apple Tree
80. Pear Tree
81. Peach Tree
82. Blueberry Bush
83. Red Raspberry Bush
84. Blackberry Bush
85. Strawberry Plants
86. If your gardening friend has the space, a mini greenhouse would be superb. I've seen them for sale at Sam's Club, Rural King, and other stores.
For the Friend Concerned about her Impact on the Earth
88. Reusable Shopping Bags
89. Indoor Composting Starter Kit
90. Composting Tumbler for outside
91. A reusable menstrual cup is better for health and for the environment! Just find out if your friend prefers a particular brand...
For the Friend Creating a Non-Toxic Home
93. Reverse Osmosis Filter + Replacement Filters
94. Air Purifier + Replacement Filters
95. Castile Soap
96. Glass Storage Containers (I'm so glad we made the switch last year!)
For the Soap Maker
For the Friend Who's Always Learning More
Continuing an herbal education is always a good thing. Here are a couple of my favorite books and courses:
99. The Natural Physician's Healing Therapies by Mark Stengler, ND.
There you have it – 102 gift ideas for the natural health lover. From gardening & cooking to wildcrafting & making herbal medicines, I hope you've found just the thing for your friends & family this year.
Let me know what you decide … I won't tell, I promise.
Did you discover something new? Don't stop here....
Sign up for my newsletter and come along with me on this journey. Once or twice a week, I'll send out an update with highlights, insights, and practical ideas for pursuing a holistic lifestyle.
To welcome you to my community, I have a few goodies I want to send you, including my new e-book, Ten Natural Health Habits You Can Start Today. In it, you'll find ten easy all-natural health habits that are doable today. No more waiting around or trying to find the perfect plan. Just get started today!
This information has not been evaluated by the FDA and is intended only for educational purposes. It is not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat, or cure disease. Always consult a healthcare professional before making significant changes to your healthcare routine.
Articles on this website may contain affiliate links. Using these links costs you nothing but generates a small commission for the blog author.